Yesterday I recorded, edited, and uploaded my first video for my new DM Tales YouTube channel. This first week was an introduction explaining why I decided to start the channel, but I’ve got plans.
My initial arc is going to explore the different tools, and the process, I used to create the campaign setting I’m using for the two groups currently playing through my first adventure. Here’s the videos I’ve got planned right now.
- Making world maps–shaping the environment
- Keeping track of lore–organizing notes
- Populating the world–politics, factions, and deities
- World history–why the world as it is
- Encounter Maps–creating token space
- Shaping the adventure–giving PC’s something to do
- Making NPC’s–villains and background characters
- The Virtual Table–playing in the pandemic
- My DM experience–the dance of collaborative fiction
And throughout these videos I will, as the page title suggests, tell stories. Some will be from my experiences as a DM, and others as a player, I hope they’ll all be fun.
In the future I hope to have some guests on who will share some of their own tales, and perhaps reviewing some tools other DM’s may want to use, even if I don’t. I’m looking forward to it!