It’s the day after the Turkey Feast, normal schedules are all messed up, and my brain is bouncing around like a super ball. These are random thoughts.
- 8-Bit Christmas is an an interesting nostalgia trip. It’s weakest points were where it tried to mimic A Christmas Story too close, but the third act is fun and the ending is very good.
- Monday night’s D&D session was a lot of fun. And we left-off mid-fight because we spent a half-hour following around a cat…so now I have “ideas.”
- I have heard the repeated claim “turkey is overrated.” This statement is wrong.
- So, are the Eagle’s now mediocre instead of terrible?
- My wife and I are looking forward to our annual cheesy Christmas romance movie-fest. Netflix even has a new addition to their shared cheesy romance universe, so that’s a highlight.
- There are times when I wish I could feel energized by being around people. Then I come to my senses.
- A friend sent me a cool wooden plaque he created. Emblazoned on it is a 20 sided die showing a “1 1.”
- While I miss being a player character in some ways, running a TTRPG table is a lot of fun because you are almost always involved 2.
- Coffee 3.
- People who refuse to clean up after their dogs should have their dogs taken away 4.
Which is what I roll for initiative any time I’m playing a character. This is not an exaggeration. My last campaign my dexterity modifier was “-1” and my initiative ended up being “0” on more than one occasion. ↩
Except for this past Monday when the characters had a 40 minute conversation with our “guest star” which left me as a spectator. Easiest session ever. ↩
’nuff said. ↩
Specifically, those who don’t clean up after their dogs when they’re on other people’s property. ↩