It’s Wednesday. This is the day the thoughts in my head explode out into the interwebs and hit the wall of our zeitgeist like paint in a piece of modern art. These are random thoughts.
- Last July I went on an extended vacation, during which our family’s world got turned upside-down. I’m doing this same this year, and part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- Cassidy Hutchinson gives me hope that the country may not be doomed.
- The GOP, being corrupt as summer days are long, snatches it away again.
- The Phillies. Sigh.
- If you’re standing with retired General who pleads the Fifth in response to the question, “Do you believe in the peaceful transition of power in the United States?” then you are on the wrong side 1.
- I had forgotten that asking for a pardon is an admission you committed a crime. The GOP representatives who asked for them need to be tossed out of congress and handed over for prosecution.
- Rep. Boebert said, “The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church.” Let me make this clear. Boebert does not practice Christianity, and the church she spoke this in is not a Christian church. It’s fascism dressed up like Jesus.
- So it turns out that Trump wasn’t lying when he said he was going to the capitol with the insurrectionists. He really wanted to go 2!
- If you’re a Christian who has been burned by your church exulting as it runs into the hell known as fascism, I get being hesitant to reconnect. But know there’s churches all across the country, spanning all the varied theological traditions present here, who are trying to stand up to this in Christ’s name. Help us keep the light shining 3.
- Oh, and witness tampering. Great move “Trump World.”
I mean, don’t stand with anyone who does that. But especially not a retired General. They kind of take an oath about that sort of thing. ↩
The one time this person tells the truth and it’s because he wanted to overthrow the very Constitution he swore an oath to uphold. ↩
It’ll never go out, but it can get dim. ↩