It’s the last day of August 1. School’s are opening, schedules are filling, and my brain is misfiring as it tries to speed up. These are random thoughts.
- If you ever find yourself doing something to “show them,” ceasing that activity is a good idea.
- The first sip of coffee in the morning.
- As of this writing I am four subscribers away from 800 on my YouTube channel. I’d love to hit that number today, can you help a guy out?
- Most times Bump is great when I take him out. And sometimes he goes full nudge. Yesterday a friend pointed out, “Well look who his father is.” That’s fair.
- OK, so… the Phillies are bad again? This team is confusing.
- Football is coming, which is fun. I’ll be at a Phillies game opening day, though.
- Had an epic fight on at my Monday night D&D table. It ended on a cliff-hanger!
- I think there were 30 people out at worship on Sunday. That was nice.
- Last week I read a statement of faith which included local congregations following a democratic process. That’s how most congregations run, so ok. But how in the world is that a statement of faith? It confuses me. It’s not required to make every practical matter a first-order expression of belief in order to make it ok to do.
- My natural state is to explore the depths of anything in which I am interested, often to the exclusion of other interests. This is why I only tend to do one or two hobbies at any given time, and also why I am sometimes hesitant to jump into a new thing. The fun happens when I start to pull all these interests together into a new mosaic–but the process does look weird.
If you believe in time. I’m still part-way on the all Marcy 2020 calendar. ↩